We are looking to recruit an experienced IT Support Technician
We are looking for someone who can maintain our high standards by not only understanding and fixing client problems but making the client feel special. You will be responsible for handling service requests on a daily basis, supporting workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services and Remote Web Workplace
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
- Small Business Server 2003, 2008, 2011 Standard & Essentials
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Vmware Administration
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8 clients connected to a Windows Domain
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook
- Experience with Hosted Exchange/Office 365
- Domain Name Management
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organisation’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, SonicWall CSSA or CompTIA qualifications would be highly beneficial.
- Flexibility and recognition that the client needs come first.
You must have a full UK Driving Licence. In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, laptop, employee benefits and the opportunity for growth and personal development. If you have the skills and experience required, please email us.